Friday, June 25, 2010

Reusable Bags

Several months ago I started to analyze our trash and began competing each week on how little trash we could throw away.  Usually each week consisted of a 13 gallon trash bag size for three of us.  One way we got there was to make and use reusable "zip lock" bags.  I realized how many we bought and threw away after a few hours of use.  Of course, we did try to wash out and reuse, but let's face it, they are not that pretty.  I certainly can not take credit for the reusable bag invention as there are a gazillion talented crafters on Etsy who sell them.  I knew I could make my own, so after three different versions (don't ask), version 4.0 is it!  Here is one of my favorite patterns.  Complete with a double hem, 6 inches of durable velcro, and the stylish look. 



Check out my Etsy shop for more patterns and sizes and let me know if you have any questions! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these bags! After using them almost every day-- including on hikes!-- they are still holding up like champions! I love the baseball pattern for my husband and the dinosaur-and-bones patterns for the snack-size bags we bought for our dog's treats because my husband doesn't mind carrying a bag that's not "girly!" :)

    Keep up the good work! You've inspired us to make a real difference in reducing our waste-- and with your bags, you've made it easy, thrifty, and stylish!

    ReplyDelete